The Gangnam-gu today was formerly part of Gwangju-gun and Gwacheon-gun in Gyeonggi Province during the Joseon Period. However, since its incorporation to Seoul Metropolitan Government in 1963, it has been the key of Seoul. Geographically, it is located in the southeast area of Seoul and having Tancheon in the east as the boundary, it boarders with Songpa-gu while facing Seocho-gu from Gangnamdaero in the west, Seongnam-si of Gyeonggi Province from the mountainous area in the south, and Seongdong-gu from the Han River in the north. After Yeongdong branch Office was promoted as Gangnam-gu Office on October 1, 1975, it went through numerous adjustments and from March 1, 2009, it has governed 22 community service centers and has an area of 39.55㎢.
||426, Hakdong-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea
- Line 7 Gangnam-gu Office Station. 12-minute walk from Exit 1.
- Line 7 Cheongdam Station. 7-minute walk from Exit 7.
||Weekdays (Mon.-Fri.) 9AM ~ 6PM
Close on Saturdays, Sunday
- Main Line (Blue): 301, 401
- Branch Line (Green): 3011, 3426, 3414
- Community(local, Green): Gangnam08
- Line 7 Gangnam-gu Office Station. 15-minute walk from Exit 1.
- Line 7 Cheongdam Station. 10-minute walk from Exit 7.